Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Places to ride for newbies (reopen)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by takagawa, Jan 11, 2005.

1. I have a poor memory and I forgot some of the roads to go for a friendly bike ride, so i'd thought'd I just reopen :).

Today, I went out for the first time to the Dandenong Ranges on Mountain Hwy (curse the shocking weather last week).

Anyways I forgot to continue and turn left down mt dandenong tourist rd though. Anyways, I did a lap and then found another learner's doing it too. So we took turns riding behind each other so we can comment on how the other could improve. It's a very nice ride but disappointed I didn't continue down the rd further. Anyways I directed the guy I was riding with to drop by netriders :wink: .

2. Taka

Should try the Morington to Dromana route.

Thats a great first ride a little twisty but you wont get lost.

3. Thejewishone - where do you get on and off this one? I am relatively new to Victoria and not sure where you mean. Also Takagawa - PM me some time if you want to go for a ride as I am keen to do some other roads other than the Freeway to work!

Cheers,

4. There's a nice cruise you can take (not the usual twisty stuff though) between Corio and Williamstown - take the Old Melbourne Road from Corio (through Lara & Little River), cut through Werribee to Point Cook, then hug the coastline right the way around to Williamstown. Nothing technical or challenging, just a nice ride for a day out. With the exception of the Werribee cut-through and the river crossing at Point Cook, you'll barely see a car until Williamstown.

5. Go down the main street of Mornington and then turn Left at the roundabout where the pier is. This will take you along the coast (60-80k's most of the way) into Dromana.

Great fun for building confidence.

Nathan

6. Nathan,

Thanks for that - will give it a try soon.

Cheers,

7. If I recall correctly, before the forum crashed someone commented that you have to watch out for sand on the Mornington-Dromana road. I think you might have to watch out for other road users, too...

And if anyone wants to go for a ride, feel free to PM me. Maybe we should start a "Feel like going for a ride?" thread in this section of the forum?

8.  Top