Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Place to fix fairings

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by yohcaptain, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Hi all i recently came off my bike . :( . 1 broken collar bone and 1 sad looking bike .. I want to fix the fairings and other things .. does anyone Know a place near Clayton in Victoria .. I would like to get it fix soon as possiable .. once collar bone heals i will be going for my Ps and i still need the ride time under my belt .. PS dont tell my missus . :-$ . so any help will be great .. :wink:

2. Original finish.

Take it there broken, pick it up fixed. He can do the lot.
  3. ive coem to learnt his is a mixed area of results...

my mate who rides a 750 ninja, recomended me to go see a guy round the corner from me to get my side covers plastic welded on the gpx, as when he dropped his ninja was charged 35$ for a 6inch weld and another 3-4$ for a couple of other smaller worlds combined.

ended up was about 70-80 for half a dozen welds done on his fairings.

i go in.... get quoted $350! for somthing my mate reckons he was only charged less than a third of the price for!!

do shops see an L plate and think SUCKER???
  4. Take the fairings off and fix it when you can afford it. No fairings is not a defective vehicle.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Call me old-fashioned, but I reckon a broken collarbone is one of those things a missus would notice pretty quicky (unless screaming is part of your normal bed-time routine). Maybe hold off on the repair and put the money into marraige counselling? :grin:
  6. Yo Archie

Speak to Pete at Boss Cycles: 0412 043 134. Tell him Loz crashed ya!

He does great work with smash repairs, turns shit into gold. He's not real close to town, but he knows a lot of Netriders and does good work cheap.