Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Place for a carpark ride in Eastern suburbs Sydney

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by matressking, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Hi! New to the forums and did a search here but didn't really turn up anything.

I'm looking for a decent place in eastern suburbs sydney to do a few car park rides before venturing out on the road. Any suggestions?

2. Check out Heffron Park (I think that's the name) near Maroubra - fairly large, open area. Possibly might have a MOST obstacle course marked out as well.
  3. +1 for Heffron Park.

Also the carpark outside the surf club at Maroubra, when I worked out of the 'Bra as a paramedic I noticed there was never anyone there before about 9am or after 6pm.
  4. yep heffron park...

go the east =]
  5. hey guys, thanks!

will check it out on sunday. looking forward to it!

i'm living in edgecliff so if there are any other places here/bondi ill check them out too but quiet sounds good to me.

ill pop up a quick report on whether its MOST marked, quiet, and also how i get on!
  6. went out there yesterday around 2ish.
    was my first time back on a bike since doing my Ls a couple of months back.
    had a lot of fun, it was the bike im buying too (my mates Across) so all the more relevant. wind freaked me a little though.

didn't see MOST markings but there is a lot of worn paint in the middle sections that might have been at some stage.

i practiced some U turns as i've been reading that on a bike with fairing this can be a hard part of the test but was doing it no problems.
    was leaning a bit more into wide turns and accellerating out, did some semi e-braking (definitely need more practice) and generally got a feel for the bike. now i can't wait to pick it up next week!
  7. oh, and the whole point of the post....jeez....was that heffron park is an awesome place to get some practice in. lots of open space to get some speed up and some small roundabouts to practice on.