Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[PIX] Ride to Licola Sun 14-01-07

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Ratbag, Jan 14, 2007.

1. A small group decided on the spur of the moment to ride to Licola on the other side of Traralgon north of Heyfield.

Boring highway ride to Rosedale, but from there the twisties weren't far away. Although there were a little bumpy to say the least, we got to see some of the bushfire damage 1st hand.

Interesting location but not much there, so we decided to forgo the boring ride home. Decided to go to Moe via Cowwarr and Yallourn North. Then headed south past Traralgon towards Thorpdale, Mirboo North, Korumburra, Poowong, Lang Lang before finally reaching the South Gippy Highway to home.

Long day, long ride, with enjoyable company. Very tiring but everybody had smiles on their dials at the end of the day.

Here are some of the pics

2. Good shots, great day. Hope to ride with this group again even if I am just tootling along :p

What about the number of cops and cameras we saw? Saw more down that way in 1 day than the spur in a year :? Which is such a shame as the roads are nice and peaceful (not too many cars)

3. Great stuff! There's definitely good roads out there, and the Licola Road is one of the better. Did you push on to Wellington River (about 10kms past Licola) to where the bitumen ends? The scenery out that way gets rather freaky with red cliff walls, the grey-blue road, green trees up top, and a blue sky. Almost like a cartoon world.

Talk about making me jealous. I wish I was there with you all, and I'm glad you had a good day.

4. I believe there was some attempts to try and contact you but nobody seemed to have your mobile number. PM it to me will ya?

We only went up to the main centre of Licola, didn't go as far as you noted. It was the first time for all but one of us, some of us liked it, some of us found it too bumpy. Probably would make more of an effort to ride there if not for the boring way to get there.

5. I had to drive the Licola road daily for 3 weeks a few years ago for a project I was working on.

Sometimes I really loved my old job :)

6. Some very artistic shots there Ratbag :grin:

I did a quick trip to Walhalla on Saturday to check out fire damage. Photos can be seen here

A lot of devastation :cry:

7. Exellent pics thanks for posting them
    sounds like a great ride

8. Looks like I missed out on a great day. Well you all had a good time though. Thanks for the invite Frankie...next time definitely though.

9. I have my moments :p

10. One thing I forgot to mention.

Watch out if they've been herding cattle along the road as a cow pat in the road could cause you to have a nasty if you find one mid corner or worse end up with the smelly stuff all over you or the bike :LOL:

I know the work wagon needed regular under mudguard hosing to keep the mess/smell level down to acceptable levels while work in that area :shock:

Also hitting a cow or sheep doesn't bear thinking about, Loz's Wombats are bad enough :wink:

11. Also watch out for the wandering cattle that leave these little presents....a friend cleaned a calf up last year and the bike was a write off :evil:

Every time we have been there there have been cattle grazing on the side of the road.

12. You mean autistic from some of those shots :p

13. :rofl:

I love this one: IMG_3762e.

14. I think "fling was referring to the strange faces Hakan and Franky were making in a few of the photos. :roll:

And yes the above image is a classic use of foreground interest with a diagonal line ( the edge of the road ) leading the viewers eyes to the background subjects ( bikes and riders )

It usually creates a good shot, although in this case the smoke in the distance has added atmosphere.

Cheers ratty

15. not funny ................ in fact, its offending :( .

i take it that you don't have a clear understanding of what autism is? because if you do, you would have reconsidered before posting the above.

16. As always had a ball :grin:

Thanks for showing us the roads up there Franky...although a bit rough in spots it was pretty surreal riding through a burnt landscape...except for the boring bit of freeway it was a fantastic ride...and the ride back was awesome....LOVE those roads!

Look forward to catching up again very soon for another ride

Cheers,

:)

17. I want to see the pictures of that scraped enging casing... :-k

18. Here you go...

IMGP2106.

19. Wow, thanks.

Those bikes arent set up for leaning too far, huh?

Are you running stock suspension? ...or is the bike just not designed to lean as far as you do?

I was/am thinking of buying a blackbird for my next bike, seeing as how I like longer rides and all. However, I also want a bike than can handle corners. Maybe I should keep looking at my options... :-k

20. BUY A BUSA.................Franky never has problems with lean angle and the bike is great for commuting/touring AND sports riding.

Cheers ratty