Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pit bike kids on the road?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by oldcorollas, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Riding on the road

5 vote(s)
  2. Being dicks when riding on the road

12 vote(s)
  3. When they hit something

2 vote(s)
  4. When they start giving you lip

6 vote(s)
  5. Leave them alone, kids never hurt anybody (except in victoria)

3 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Next doors kids have got their hands on a pit/mini bike..
    they only take it out on the road when their mum is not home and doesn't know.
    had a chat.. "nah man, we don't ride on the road"

Should I care? :) it's all good until someone gets hurt? :wacky:

edit: generally they aren't shit kids.. only occasionally get busted doing things like throwing stuff at neighbours dog.. usual kid stuff testing boundaries
  2. Nah. Look around, do you see a great shortage of kids?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Two of someone's little darlings got done on boxing day, riding a quad bike along the footpath in Primbee!!!
  4. the bypass? I thought people of all ages get busted riding along there with some regularity?

another quick chat.. maybe mum doesn't know as bike is "kept at grandmas house" :p
  5. No this was IN Primbee, I guess the little twerps thought all the cops would all be out on the main road, WRONG!!!!!!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ahhhh, the eternal struggle of to get involved or not and cause dramas (real or imagined) from the neighbours. I'd say just keep an eye on them and maybe make a subtle hint to the mum that you've been looking out for their safety.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. For me it would depend. If they're doing it in a fairly secluded cul-de-sac, where everyone knows everyone....and they're being responsible I'd let them go with a bit of a chat.

If they're flying up and down the streets, like the dipshit with the unregistered dirt bike near my place (fcuk I'd love to catch that idiot) all over the footpaths buzzing people walking with prams and the like......I'd ring the police immediately as it's only a matter of time before an innocent gets hurt. But......you'll probably get the response I got when calling the police "Look mate, by the time we get there he'll be long gone". Well yeah probably, but that doesn't remove the risk to the general populace who have to put up with this shit.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. #8 PatB, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    If the bike's the usual Chinese rubbish the problem will solve itself soon enough.

Edit: I posted half in jest, but it is based on my observations over the last decade or so. Round here we tend to get a swarm of pitbikes immediately after Christmas (though not this Christmas, presumably because the cashed up bogans usually responsible are a bit less cashed up with the collapse in the local economy). The numbers then steadily reduce through January and February until, during March, there are only one or two left (although their owners generally make up for lack of numbers by handicapping the poor little Chonda engines still further by removing the exhaust systems). By Easter, they're generally all gone.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. string some wire across the road
    that will fix the fcukers
    might clean up some of the adult motor cyclists too

10. I'm remembering the woman who was hit and killed by young people on monkey bikes at a victorian shopping centre late last year.
    Perhaps they need to read and contemplate the news stories about that and they might change their behaviour.

Edit - Fixed typo, thanks Uncle Greg
  11. or learn how to spell
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What like this ?
    "you haven't met the rite cake yet is alls"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. how come you can say cake?
  14. Years of speech therapy.
  15. I'd probably just let them go if it's a pretty quiet area, unless they're being shits about it and acting like they have right of way when cars / pedestrians are involved.

There's some "kids" (20+) on my street who have what I guess you'd call a pitbike. They pull it out once a month or something and go up and down the street trying to wheelie it (using their body weight rather than any kind of power). It's a little noisy, but other than that the streets quiet, the only cars are residents and it's rare for kids etc. to be playing anywhere near where they're riding. So I don't care really. Get a laugh watching them try to get the front wheel up any more than a bounce.
  16. I'd be calling the cops about throwing things and the neighbour's dog before i called them about the pit bike....
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1