Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pirelli Sports Demon

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ZXRpilot, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Anyone have any experience with these? How many K's did you get? How much did you pay? How do they compare to some other similar tyres, grip wise. On a 250cc. Thanks

2. I had them on my Across before I sold it.

I previously had BT501's but the Pirelli's were heaps better. An example was I always do a left turn onto the harbour bridge from Military road and on the BT501's I couldn't open the throttle too early or the bike would under steer. As soon as the Pirelli's were fitted I could open the throttle straightway and place the bike anywhere I wanted on the road. The Pirelli's were heaps easier/faster to change direction. It could have been because they had a rounder profile or simply because they were new.
    They were great, gripped well and gave me more confidence in the bike.

I payed $329 all up ($49 for fitting).
    Front - Pirellis Sport Demon - 110/70-17 54H TL - $120
    Rear - Pirellis Sport Demon - 140/70 17 66H TL - $160

I sold the Across when they had only done around 2000km but they still looked new.

3. Thanks for the reply, that seems to be a reasonable price, and they sound alrite.