Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pirelli Sport Dragons

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by _wheel_, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Hi all - just a query to those who know more about bike tyres.

I had both tyres replaced on the ER-5 today. Old tyres from previous owner had cracking near the bead which I noticed when cleaning the crud off the chain & guard. So she was booked in for new shoes.

I was quoted for Pirelli "Sport Demons" over the phone, but the bike has come home with "Sport Dragons". Is this an equivalent tyre quality wise? Maybe just a name update? Price was no different. Can't find too much about them online, they seem fairly new. Definitely a different tread pattern.

Other than that - first new set! It feels like a different bike. Tips in to corner so much easier.

Thanks,

Wil

2. A 2 minute search produced..

"Sport Demon -
    A x-ply tyre for motorcycles destined for touring.
    New conventional sporty tyre for medium powered sport-touring bikes

Lighter and precise handling and stable behaviour in all riding conditions thanks to the multiple radius rear tyre contour

Optimised mechanical dry and wet grip without compromising mileage"

"Sport Dragon -
    Sport Dragon brings all the technology and sporty attitude of Pirelli to medium and low displacement motorcycles, offering a very versatile product for riders using their bikes both for urban commuting and sports-touring.

Sport Dragon brings a new level of versatility to the segment. Versatility means a tyre that improves a motorcycle's behaviour in terms of handling, grip, comfort and safety, especially in difficult riding conditions such as uneven, bumpy roads, even in wet and slippery conditions.

Sport Dragon features all the experience and technical knowledge of Pirelli and applies it to a tyre which offers riders optimal performance in all conditions, be it difficult city highways in heavy traffic conditions, or gravel strewn back roads, either way, the Sport Dragon will cope admirably providing a safe and durable tyre for all 250/300cc category motorcycles"

Sounds like the dragons are supposed to be a slightly sportier more all round tyre??

While neither is the ultimate in current radial sport tyre, Pirelli don't make crap tyres, so you should be reasonably safe.

3. Thanks mate. I found that much. I'm not looking for the ultimate tyre I was just asking whether they were at the same level. In any case they are a lot better than the old ones.

Cheers