Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso IIs

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by VforV-twin, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Just got these tyres today ... ERMEHGERD! they are amazing.

Anyone else out there have them? If you can give me any tips about break in time, warm up times, how far you can lean etc that would be lovely!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 20 mins, tight figure of 8. Done.

5-10 mins in warm weather.

Until you scrape the pegs.

Seriously, confidence insipiring tyres. Just don't get overconfident on them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just looking at these tires. Glad to hear you like them. Where did you get them?and how much $$? thanks

4. Thanks dnagir for your reply ... very helpfull . I'll head out 2moro and throw it around a few 8s for a while. Good to know they stick like shit to a blanket .. that's what I was told and hence got them.

5. Hey mate,

I'm in Brisbane so not sure how much help this will be for you being in Victoria.
    I got them @ 110/70/17 front , 140/70/17 rear fitted and balanced for $315 from Cheapmotorcycletyres in Brisbane. That should give you a ball park figure at least.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. try the Bridgestone S20's as well - cheaper for a set too.

7. I've had 2 sets on the Daytona but have recently changed to the Metzler M5's in the hope of longer life out of a set of tyres. Only time will tell on that front but the M5's seem more planted in the twisties than the Pirelli's so far.