Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pirelli Diablo Corsa - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Deadsy, Jul 9, 2008.

1. I'm interested in hearing some thoughts and opinions on the Diablo Corsas. I'm not quite sure where they fit in in Pirelli's tyre range, I think they have been replaced by another tyre?

MCAS has a special on some Pirellis at the moment (link) and since my rear Qualifier will need to be replaced soon $350 for a pair of Diablo Corsas sounds like a nice deal. I'll be honest and say the price is the most appealing thing. I'm just not sure if they're the right tyre for me so I'd like to hear what people have to say about them.

My current rear tyre, the stock Dunlop Qualifier, has lasted me 6000kms with possibly another 500kms left. Any opinions on how the Diablo Corsas will compare, and opinions on the tyre in general?

2. the corsa III is a dual compound tyre, which will serve you well on the street, and also be fine for the odd trackday.
    similar to the Michelin Pilot Powers, but closer to Pilot Roads.
    i prefer the michelins myself.
  3. There my favourite tire. I like them better than the Pilot Powers, they give me a better feel of the road. They are the next step up from the Pirelli Diablo. I want to try the Diablo Rosso next - supposed to be the next generation with more traction again than the Corsa III.
  4. Thing is these aren't the Corsa III. They're just the Diablo Corsa, which I think is an older tyre and they're on a runout sale. It's hard to find much info about them because every search just brings up stuff on the Corsa III.
  5. The original Corsa were the model before the Corsa III came out. Same tread pattern but were a single compound. Again, one step up and a softer compound than the Diablo.

They have been out of production for a while! I'd check that they have not gone hard with age!
  6. That's what I thought/was a fraid of. "If it sounds too good to be true..."
    I think I'll just get a set of Rosso's like I originally planned.
  7. I'm running a Corsa III on the front and normal Diablo on the back. Works great. Tried a Corsa III on the back, but it did not get enough mileage for my likings!

Let us know what you think of the Rosso if you go that way. It might also be worth calling Pirelli directly about the Corsa to get there opinion. Maybe an old stock Corsa (kept in the dark with that slipper mould lubricant still on it) does have a good shelf life! It might still be a good deal?