Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pipes for the VFR - Triangle - Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by doonx, Jun 5, 2007.

1. OK guys n gals. I want pipes for the new VFR. I have seen an 06 black with a pair of oval carbon fibre Remus pipes that looked good. But since getting it of course with the standard pipes on it, I have grown accustom to the triangular stainless pipes.

Who makes triangular stainless sports pipes that will go on a VFR ?

I have checked out Staintune, but they only make oval stainless for the VFR. What other suggestions can you make ?

I'm not after ear bleedingly loud pipes, but I absolutely want a note that is low and growly and really showcases the V4 rumble, along with a sexy amount of "loud".

I have also read a little about having the system going into 1 pipe only as that produces better performance. Any comments on that ? I guess the other pipe is either a blank, or a storage unit.

Are there pipes that are available overseas, or should I buy locally. What recommendations can you make regarding local installation, and or custom manufacturing ?

2. Yoshi make tri-oval cans.

mmmmmmm yoshi
  3. it seems that neither Yoshi noe the Blue Flame are made for a VFR.

Any other suggestions ?
  4. EH?

They make blueflame for both pre and post VFR 800's according to the drop down list on that site
  5. There are 2 listing for VFR800, both of them are NON-VTEC.
  6. DoooH!

You're right...

Formula 1 sell the pommie lazer zorsts, they have a triangular/oval single pipe setup for earlier VFR's, the 01 is VTEC isn't it?

the later models are oval only it seems.

Two brothers racing do a "stash" zorst that turns the left hand can into a storage area, but the right can is still oval ( http://tinyurl.com/7sov2 )
  7. the 01 VFR was the last of the Pre-VTEC's

Will check out the other stuff you've posted though, ta :)
  8. Wonder if the Akros make them for the new VFR.. They make a hex shape pipe with a carbon tip, look really modern and i think would look great on your bike Doonx. They were my choice after the Two Brothers. Or you can see if TB make a set for them.
  9. That's a pretty good idea.