Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pinlock ProtecTint - It's arrived

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Jem, Mar 30, 2012.

1. #1 Jem, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Hi all,

Just got off the phone to Mcleods in Brisbane the new Pinlock ProtecTint visor inserts have arrived in the country at last.

See here for the Pinlock video on them - [media=youtube]b8eIUzWjcig[/media]

You cannot buy direct you have to get your dealer/shop to order for you; to make that easy the Mcleod's part number is 1109459

I have had mine on back order for a while but on it's way to me now. Think it will be a good solution rather than having to swap visors, worry about sunnies etc. Will post a review after I get it and have used it for a few days.

Cheers Jeremy
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. That's neat, thanks.

The only thing I don't like about this system is that you always have use it.
  3. I have a clear one in at the moment for the anti fog properties and it is certainly working on the colder mornings we have had recently.

Really thinking about this one for winter use so I can have clear on the way to work but tint during the day without having to carry 2 visors around.

Cheers Jeremy
  4. Does anyone know which dealerships can order it in Sydney?
  5. I've got Ambers which I wear day and night, also a clear which I bought originally with the helmet.

From my experience either MCAs or Bikebiz can order the pinlocks, however last time I went through this for my Ambers, MCAs insisted I go to the store in person to pay upfront whereas Bikebiz happily ordered over the phone without a deposit and it arrived promptly also.
  6. Why? I remove my Pinlock during summer time and put it back in for the winter.
  7. By the way I do not think they are going to be cheap so I would ask the price before you place an order.

Cheers Jeremy
  8. Oh cool. Thanks for that!

Just wondering how much you paid for your Ambers?
  9. $49... I was buying a pair, one for myself and a mate - I found the same on sportbiketrackgear for $30 each but when you take into account $30 postage plus the hassle if there were any warranty issues (and my impatience), it was easier to buy local.
  10. $49 is what the normal ones are in Melb as well.

I think this one is going to be more like $90 If I remember correctly I ordered it about 2 months ago.

11. Sweet.

Do these visors fit for all kinds of clipping systems?
  12. Not sure sorry mine is for a Shoie 1100
  13. Hi neogeo

Just checking that you know this is a pinlock visor insert not an actual visor?

Cheers Jeremy
  14. I couldn't find an international seller that would transport to Oz. I had to use HopShopGo. Ended up costing almost as much as the rip off prices we have here. :(
  15. Yeah Brmmm they either do not ship or the cost for a small item kills you.

In this case it looks like we are ahead of the game, the UK sites are still saying not in stock yet and the price is the same if not more than the cost here.

Really it is only the bigger ticket times like boots and leather jackets end up being worth it IMO.

The only other thing is for items that just do not make it to Oz at all.
  16. AFAIK only Pinlock specific systems. My Shoei XR-1100 came with the CW-1 visor which is Pinlock ready.

Check the Pinlock website and select the product (i.e. ProtecTint / Original) for a list of compatible helmets and visors.
  17. ^ what he said is correct. I am specifically talking about the CW 1 insert

Cheers Jeremy
  18. could just buy one on eBay. small item low postage. maybe 12 bucks from the UK.

will be waiting a lot longer than 2 months for Cassons or Mcleods to bring something in for you

19. Hey Jem,

Thanks for the reminder. I almost naively thought it was a one-size-fits-all visor. Until I just did some googling lol. Silly me.

I think i might get a new visor before I actually order one!
  20. So I just bought myself a new Vector 2 helmet from Arai. with the new pinlock shield with brow vents

I'm having difficulties finding the protecTint line for pinlock's 'max vision' shield.
    Here it has everything i need except protectTint

There is a dealer in the UK that seems like they would stock it but it's DUE in soon!

Dunno what to do :-( really want these!