Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pinkslip - Worth shopping around for?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Haggismaen, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Rego is due so of course the bike needs to be inspected. Just wanting to know is it worth shopping around for, or are the prices are fairly standardised? Can you tell I've never done this before? :p.

Let me know what you think.
  2. I think between 17 and 18 dollars is the going rate for a pink slip. Its something that isn't really worth shopping round for in my opinion as you will only save a couple of dollars at the most.
  3. you could spend more money phonening around then travelling to save $1.00 so just go to your local garage that does pinkslips dont go to the bike shop because they will always find something that needs fixing
  4. Definitely! Anywhere that gives a pink slip to a car will give one to a bike. I know for a fact that Ultratune do bikes, and its something like $17.80. Ring your nearest auto shop first and work out from there.
  5. Pink slip prices are set by the RTA. There is no difference in them.

Just some place are a little more anal than others.

Most car places just check the indicator and brake light works and send you on your way.
  6. Thanks guys. I'll just go to the closest one that does the an e-Safety check, saves me going down to the RTA with paperwork.
  7. The checks done for the pink slip are:

Both indicators (front and back)
    Running lights (front and back)
    Rear brake light
    Front brake light

You will need your registration document (whatever that is called) with you with the VIN number on it, so that everything is correct and above board. Most places will print your pink slip there and then, and its rarely pink. It all takes about 10 minutes.