Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pinging

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by GoTeam, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Is this a common issue for bikes with carbies?

I haven't heard the pinging noise for years but I think I'm hearing the noise a bit too often on my bike (it has carbies). I say "think" because wind noise is loud and almost drowns it out. It seems to have coincided with filling up using standard unleaded from the BP on Beach Rd. I don't recall hearing it for the previous 670km (filled up twice at my local Shell with standard unleaded).

2. Then try going to premium ... failing that you could have rubbish in the carby or your running too lean .... more than likely fuel though.

Steve

3. The BP station probably had older fuel in the tank. I find that if the bike's meant to be run on 91 ocatane, it's best to use the 95 stuff as the regualr might not be up to par. If the 95's getting old, it will still be good enough that you don't get any pinging. :)

4. That's true, but then you gotta think about the fact that servo's sell a shitload more ULP than anything else, so it (ULP) wont be sitting in the underground tanks as long....

Maybe?