Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pinball helmet!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Titanium, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Something, I assume a small rock or god knows what was stuck in my helmet yesterday between the outer shell and the foam layer. I am guessing something went in through a vent. Anyway moving my head side to side was insanely annoying, like one of those kids toys where you get the ball bearing into the hole. Anyway removed helmet shook it, removed liner.....unable to get rid of the noise. Gave it a really big shake and then it stopped, but nothing seemed to fall out. I assume it either did and I didn't notice it or it is now wedged inside ready to harass me again at some future date.
    Anyway road Sydney to Oberon Lithgow and back today without any noise so fingers crossed its fixed.
    Anyone have this occur to them. Quite funny now that its gone but farking annoying at the time.
    Ray. :grin:

2. I'd be worried that whatever it is has compromised your foam or worse yet become lodged in it, meaning if you have an accident it could compress into your skull easily or fracture the helmet.