Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pin Spanner for adjusting rear suspension preload

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by woodsy109, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Where can I get the pin spanner for adjusting the rear suspension preload? My bike was bought second hand and did not come with the tool kit that is normally supplied so where can I get one from that is not too expensive? Is there a standard type one that will fits most suspension brands or are they all different?

2. You can probably buy them around the place - I think they call them c-spanners - but honestly your best bet is to head to a biker meet-up and use one out of somebody's OEM toolkit. If there's a bunch of bikes there, somebody will be able to lend you one.
  3. woodsy -

You can buy C-spanners from bike accessory stores (the one size fits all type) or you can go to a wrecker. Good wreckers often keep bins full of tool kits that they take from wrecked bikes - you'll sometimes find just the spanner you need in amongst them all.