Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PIN# In Reverse

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Can anyone working at a bank verify this? It looks like a April Fools prank.

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.
    For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321. The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is seldom used because people don't know it exists. Please pass this along to everyone possible.

Commonwealth Bank
    Samantha XXXXX
    Credit Management Sydney
    Retail Operations-Consumer Credit and Collections GPO Box790
    Parramatta, NSW 2124
    Ph: (02) 8835 2xxx
    Fax: (02) 8835 2xxx
    Email: sema.xxxxx@cba.com.au
  2. go try putting your pin in reverse into an atm and see how much money it gives you... ive done it plenty of times by accident...
  3. nah grommit your wrong! i just tried it and it totally gave me the money, hey 2 wheels, we should do this thing that got sent to me in an email today, you give me your credit card number, pin number, full name, address & date of birth and within 1 day the money on your card will be doubled!
  4. Yeah, the money you owe

5. LOL Really? Send me your Ukrainian address and you have a deal. :)
  6. The OP was tongue in cheek :cool:
  7. Sharpen up the irony sensors, peoples!! It isn't April Fool's Day, but it might as well have been :LOL:.
  8. And that's why we need a tongue-in-cheek emoticon :wink:
  9. Pigs been to your place yet to arrest you for theft of your own money? :LOL:
  10. Es prolly has one of those back to front pin numbers like 2112...

...i like the idea of there being a panic button on unsecure atm's...
  11. Just take a big hairy Harley rider with ya.