Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pilot Road 3's for a ZX14?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by chrisco, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Getting new tyres in the morning and at the moment it will be the Pilot Road 3's. Mostly do commuting but once a month or so I try and get out into the twisties.

Does anyone think this wouldn't be a good choice or have any other suggestions?

2. I run PR3 on my K1300S, usage of which fairly much mirrors what you have in mind.

I wouldn't run anything else; they don't have the ultimate grip in the dry of say a Metz M5, but they last twice the km's and they are not far off in grip. Importantly, they are docile at transition to slide in my experience, no horrible snappy let goes.

In the wet, nothing touches them.
  3. I tried a set of PR3s on my ST, and found them a noticably noisy tyre.
    Its a difference i noticed when i went back to a set of PR2s.
  4. Probably the best choice in a wet weather high mileage tyre, yes they are noisy and yes they feel like they move around a bit, and yes you don't get 100 percent grip in the dry which is to be expected with that much tread and cuts (sipes) but other then that your all good.