Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pillion pegs. home made? aftermarket?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by orange_grips, Aug 2, 2006.

1. I'm looking to whack some on a wr250f as a last resort transport option, and would like to know of any previous efforts, aftermarket pegs or homemade jobbies on any bikes whatsoever, if not just for inspiration and like minded thinktanking.

I believe that the bikes frame may have not much support around the footpeg area, but as I said it's just for short distance drug-running, so in the end a few tek screws and some stirrups might do the job.

2. Poke a couple of Kraft Cheddar Cheese Sticks into some holes you can find near the swingarm and off you go.
  3. MMMMM cheesy.

are there aftermarket kits for the bike? should call a yammie shop and look into it (Y)
  4. there are gyneric ones available at most bike shop, just have to find a hole to bolt them on.
  5. I'll check out the yamaha store for em, just i know they got real high prices.
    Maybe generic store time I bee's thinkin.
    But I'm pretty keen on the whole food based footpegs. Maybe a french loaf. A week old french loaf and some liquid nails.