Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pillion peg dropper

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by GeeJayEmm, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Does anyone know of a bolt on replacement foot peg that will let me lower the pillion pegs on a Suzuki 1250 bandit either adjustable or fixed, an inch or so lower.?? Looking for a little less knee bend for the passenger. Any suggestions appreciated

2. I'm not sure whether this will work on the Suzuki or not but I used some Buell pegs on my Blackbird to lower the pegs a touch, had to use a nylon sleeve to fit inside the peg due to the Buell having bigger holes in the peg mount, and had the file them a little bit smaller but other than that an easy fit that lowered the pegs by say 20-25mm.

Here is the link for the Buell pegs on the Blackbird, hopefully its of some use

3. Thanks Bamm Bamm. It looks a neat job and I can see from the link that it drops the peg around the 20mm.. Not too much surgery involved, will give it a go if I can't buy a ready made option.....cheers