Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Pillion passengers on provisional (P1)?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by philmydang, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I was under the impression that P1 riders were not allowed to carry pillions, so I decided to search for the actual offence on the RTA site and came up with only;

"PASSENGERS Carry passenger on motor bike (licensed for less than 12 months)" as a 3 point 200something dollar fine.

My issue here is that I'm still on my reds, have had them for over 12 months, but don't want to upgrade to my greens because I'll only have them for another 3 months before I get my fulls. Am I still going to get fined for carrying a pillion with my reds on?

And yes I did try searching and came up with nothing.
  2. The wording on the RTA site is shithouse, the actual law is you must have held a provisional license for at least 12 months, and you must hold a P2 license.

Just upgrade it, dude, you literally walk into the RTA, pay $20, get your pic taken and bam you can take all the honeys you can handle for a spin
  3. Plus those extra 10km/h that will impress them.
  4. http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragview/inforce/subordleg+179+2008+pt.16-rule.2711+0+N?tocnav=y
  5. Sure its 20 bucks? On the RTA site it says $78 (or is it different from a car). It seems abit silly for me to pay an extra 78bucks for a licence that i'll only have for 3 months. For the price difference, the honeys might have to wait
  6. 90% sure I only paid $20, and got hit for $78 for the car side of things when I had that done. afaik it's $20 from P2 -> unrestricted.

EDIT: call in and ask em. I have the receipt under my seat still but I cbf leaving my desk and taking a break from stuffing my face with cookies.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks, on the phone right now

Confirmed 22 bucks. ladies watch out!