Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pillion Gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by BoostJunky, May 6, 2007.

1. I was wondering what you guys do for pillion gear? Does anyone here keep an extra jacket and gloves just for this purpose?

I was just thinking that if Im riding in full gear and feel bad having a pillion on the back with nothing much more than a helmet. At the same time, I cant afford to spend a fortune on a second set of gear.

Any recommendations?

2. When I used to pillion I had all my own stuff head to toe, but otherwise Ebay will be your budget buying friend :)

3. I suppose I could just mind a meshie jacket and some cheap gloves and buy em to fit me as spare gear. At least then Id have a leather and mesh jacket...and if anyone is bigger than me they shouldnt be on the bike behind me anyways. :p

4. Buy 2nd hand gear ?

Jacket, gloves and lid at absolute minimum. But play it right and have gear equal to yours on hand. See if you can pickup a 2nd hand set of pants (leather, dri-rider, draggin) and mebe even a cheaper pair of boots too.

Someone who comes off the back should be entitled to the same protection as you.

5. I have a set of summer and winter gear, the pillion gets the set i'm not wearing.

6. Yep, me too, till she got her own gear. And females usually love any excuse to buy clothing ;)