Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pillion comfort on the SV650s?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by grider, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hey, the boss has just said yes to a bike!!

After taking an SV1000s for a spin this morning I have decided to stay in the middle weight division as my experience could get me in trouble on that beast. I did love that power though :grin:

Anyway, how comfortable is two up riding on an sv650s? I will be taking a passenger on maybe 50% of my rides.
  2. For what type of riding is the question? My pillions find it quite good, in terms of comfort there no difference between the 650 and the thou, its just a question of if theres enough power for what you want. If you're going to be doing faster / longer rides the bigger bike would be good, but if its around town or not very long rides I'd think the 650 would be the better bet.
  3. Riding will be strictly medium length weekend joy rides in the short term, with the possibility of some long range tours down the track.

I am not a speed freak. I love good acceleration, but am happy to not go above 160 km/h.