Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pictures from when the bikes took all the spaces in Melb?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by grue, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I'm looking for pictures (or an actual article) from when motorcyclists rode to the city en masse to take up the parking spots in protest of proposed changes to the footpath parking.

Anyone have anything along these lines?

2. Here's one pic..... :cool:

3. That picture is unreal, thanks for the laugh :applause:
  4. +1

Maybe it's time for another one! Like the no lane splitting protest on the Eastern Freeway! That p'd off more than the one car driver that the news cameras caught trying to pass us in the emergency lane!
  5. bwahahaha.....where are all the cars???? Is this some kind of utopia?
    Let's do it again. Not to protest anything, but just for the hell of it.
  6. No let's not unless we have a damn good reason.
    Why get everyone offside just for the hell of it?
    Smarten up guys. :evil:
  7. Feeling a little humorless this morning Smee?
  8. he probably just couldnt find a park :p
  9. Yep, witnessed the aftermath of something on the monash this morning.
  10. Ah shit man, yeah that'll do it. I haven't been out there much lately so I've been safe inside the bubble.
    But it's that time of the year again eh? :roll:

Hope you can shake it off. Hug your family when you get home and tell them you love them. Always makes me feel better.
  11. The parking protests were a hell of a lot more effective than almost any protest ride will ever be.

The only possible exceptions were the protest rides to parliment house in the 80's and 90's that had thousands of bikes doing laps around parliment house for hours blocking the pollies cars from entering or leaving :)
  12. The funniest thing is there was talk of banning bikes from footpaths AGAIN.

When will they learn? :p
  13. Talk from whom, and where?

14. someone over there----------------> :busting:
  15. In the winter or very very late autumn, there's no leaves on the trees.

:LOL: sorry I just had to...
  16. Was in the 80's sometime
  17. OMG well I'm NOT gonna say WHEN it was,,,that would give my age away now,,,hahaha.
    I was there, parked in Elizabeth St. Came all the way from the border for the weekend. Who was playing at the Croxton? ah yes, Little Heroes.
  18. Me too. Come to think of it I still have the same bike.
  19. shiet, after 20 odd years you still have the same bike...nice.

The picture looks like it was taken in the 80s, judging from some of the old style cars and bikes and that myer sign.

phong =P~
  20. Thats gold!!!

haha so what happened to the law in Vic ? are you still allowed to park on footpaths?

I bet there wouldnt be an issue, but you get the few idiots who block pathways etc. and take it for granted.