Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

pics of my new borrowed beastie :)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Snowman, Oct 17, 2008.

1. This is the bike I borrowed to get my license on, at first i wanted a sportsbike instead of a 'wannabe harley look-a-like' but then i rode it and i love it and feel a bit like the fonds :cool:

you can see a bit of my practice area in the background:

getting my license next month hopefully so wish me luck :LOL:
  2. gOod lUcK!!!
  3. tHaNks!!!
  4. Yep, gOod lUck. Interesting bike, my mother in law drives a Magna :grin: :wink:

What bike are you looking at getting once you have your license?
  5. Why would you want to be a 'wannabe Rossi look-a-like'??

Nice bike! :grin:
  6. haha, well it is my mums bike. and id like a ninja 250r when i get my license but i think it would be wiser to start off with a zzr or something at least until i get my P's.
  7. just because im young i guess :p
  8. Cruisers aren't really my thing, but this bike looks awesome. Nice work.
  9. As young and cool as these guys?

10. nice & shiny :wink:
  11. Nobody's cooler than James Dean, mattb :cool:
  12. :cool: mattb :cool:
    No plastic or carbon just pure class and total coolnest. . . . . . .
  13. Good Luck dude ! :cool:
  14. You mean like a blow up doll?
  15. Poor buggers did the best they could with what little they had :p
    It just speaks for how cool Brando and Dean were, they could make a piece of shyte look so Cool!

Ps, I dont mind some cruisers
  16. You can get Rossi blow up dolls? Awesome! :grin:
  17. Looking at these pictures put together I was struck by the sudden realisation how the passage of time completely destroyed these iconic looks because to me at least none of the above appear even remotely cool. Brando looks positively gay - with those leathers and that stupid little cap he just seems ready to hit Oxford Street for some Mardi Gras frolics. Elvis... I cannot shake off the image of the caricature he became and even looking at his younger self all I can see is the fat man in waiting. As for James Dean, I'm sorry but anyone attempting to ride with a fag in their mouth just looks like a tool to me... it's all quite sad, really.
  18. they arent tools, they're just cool in an obvious way ;)