Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK

Discussion in 'VIC' started by wingman, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Im thinking of going to the picnic at hanging rock car show on 12/13 feb anyone else interested in going? :D

2. The car shows a rather good event well worth attending, usually they also have some good bands. Just gotta remember where i've seen the poster for it

3. That should be a reasonable day ride. Not too far but not too near. Might be good if the weather's suitable

4. yeah i'll come dude

5. If you're going on the 13th I may join you. 12th is the Relief Ride.

6. I, along with a couple of others, are heading up to hanging Rock on the 12th to watch the movie "Picnic at Hanging Rock" under the stars on the big screen.

Voyager - Is the 12th for the relief ride set in stone? It's the Saturday night before Valentines Day and I just wonder how many riders will get a "ride pass" ;)
    I can hear the significant others now.... NO, YOU ARE NOT GOING OUT ON THE BIKE, YOU ARE TAKING ME OUT FOR VALENTINES DAY DINNER/LUNCH!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Jake doesnt have a ride pass for that day :p :D
    Sorry Steve.

7. Well a real Valentines dinner/lunch would be on the Sunday, so having a ride on teh Saturday should be fine for all those except those very much under the thumb (Hi Jake! :LOL:). As for a Valentines dinner on the Saturday night, everybody would be back from the Tsunami Relief ride well and truly to be able to go out Saturday night!

8. Dear, oh dear. As we ALL know, St Valentines' Day was originally called "St Valentino's Day", and is celebrated by dressing up in a traditional helmet and riding motorcycles very fast.

It is disappointing that the faithful are being deprived of the opportunity to observe this important event in the Netrider religious calendar.

The devout amongst us have avoided this quandary by remaining celibate(ish). Should anyone wish to join the Order of St Valentino, but is currently in a relationship, I understand that there is a geological feature not far out of Melbourne where attractive young women can deposited, never to be heard of again.

I say we move the Relief ride to the Wednesday, meet in Hanging Rock for Yum Cha. Or some other day, some other place, some other cuisine. Let Sir Skuffy sort it out, with the benefit of everyone else's wisdom :)

9. Valentines whats that i told my wife years ago I dont believe in the yanky traditions, another thing past onto us like sue everyone you can find
    and where did that come from the yanks , So im going to hanging rock any takers want to come alone??

10. Sorry to let the cat out of the bag (bad phrase at the moment) but that place is 1.5 hours north of Melbourne in a little town called Rushworth, a place i call home!! :shock:

http://www.mradmc.com.au/pic_at_hr.html