Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picky Picky Picky *Sigh*

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Zealt, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a mate who's almost 19 and wants his bike license (L's) but he's got strange ideas on how its all gonna happen and what bike hes gonna get.

He wants an RVF 400 (my opinion is its to funking old and over inflated prices on the are total BS)

I have suggested other things like 400cc Super Motards that are more powerful and close to 50kgs lighter! he just goes "Ugly" I have tried showing him nice looking 250's Honda VTR's Kawaka ZZR's new Ninja 250's but he thinks they are too slow, hes also thinking NSR250 and RS250 both nice bikes but hes not mechanical in any way and has no idea how to take care of them plus they are not LAMS legal.

So I need help, what other bikes that are LAMS legal are around?
    Anything up to 600 is good but i already mentioned the Suzuki SV LAMS bike he said no.

So common think tank what is out there for around $5 to $7 K that would be hard for anyone to refuse? (LAMS)

Thanks in advance.
  2. what's wrong with him getting what he wants? :-s :\
  3. Aprilia SVX 550 -- keeps up with an r1 up to 160 :)

but it would break him financially paying for the upkeep
  4. That Aprilia doen's appear on the LAMS list.
    Although you can ride up to 660cc it still has to be on the LAMS list.
    And remember, most of the 600cc and over bikes have further been restricted.

Even more to think about....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.