Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picking up the new Hyosung on Saturday...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pete the freak, Jan 24, 2006.

1. I'm soooooo excited!!!

The bank just rang, my loan is approved, sign the papers tomorrow, pick up my shiny blue brand new Hyosung GV650L Aquila complete with sissy bar and luggage rack on Saturday morning.

The best bit? I'm picking it up from Central Coast Motorcycles and straight onto the F3 for the trip home. Yeeha!!!

Did you know? The word "Aquila" is Latin for Eagle? Well there you go...
  2. right on.

aparently this message was too short. how about now.
  3. Heya Dante, how did I let another Hornsbyite slip throught he radar? Have we met? Where do you drink?
  4. Congrats, Pete, and you've updated your avatar already, no less than I would have expected.

Piccies and ride report as obligatory, please~
  5. No worries, will prolly build a whole website deicated to this one like I did for the Spada.

[Finger crossed] Hopefully this bike will last a little longer than the Spada did...[/fingers crossed]
  6. actually pete, i know you but you dont know me under this name.
  7. So who the hell are you?
  8. [Finger crossed] Hopefully this bike will last a little longer than the Spada did...[/fingers crossed]

9. i'll pm you.

once again my message is too short.
  10. You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means...
  11. Congrats on the new bike! Does it have a name yet?
  12. I'm not a cruiser fan, but those look SAWEEEEET

Congrats on the new bike!!!
  13. Pssst I think we Hyosung riders are starting to take over.... :p
  14. Thanks dudes, I'm not really a huge cruiser fan either, but this bike is just waaaay too cool. I'm calling it a "Sports Cruiser" as opposed to a "Cruiser" - big difference...

As for a name, none yet, any ideas???

Kurtis: Yeah, it seems us Hyosung riders are spreading rapidly. Might have to start a little online MC Club...

Will post full review with pics first thing Monday morning...
  15. where's the piccy's pete.
  16. Well done Pete, look forward to the piccies!