Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picking up the bike tomorrow !

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by I'm Simon, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Woo Hoo... picking up the bike tomorrow afternoon. If you see a maroon / black ZZR putting around Hoppers / Werribee with an uncoordinated rider that looks like this.. :shock: , that will be me :rofl:

Looking forward to getting out there... if anyone around the area feels like riding with a new rider and offering advice, I am only too eager to learn. I wont be straying too far from home for the first week or so.

2. I've seen that look before, in the mirror :LOL: . Good luck Hopper, enjoy yourself and stay safe.
  3. First ride tonight ...man is the most fun you can have with your clothes on !

Gotta say...I am enjoying the ZZR ...

anyways..pics of my baby....

4. ZZRs are indeed very hot. Makes me smile when I realise how huge I look on it though :D
  5. It looks great Hopper. Take it easy at the start and you'll be fine :)
  6. Have fun Simon. :biker:
  7. Simon,

Toy run on Sunday, look for the thread, join in.

Or call me and i'll meet you at your place/my place, whichever.

8. Nice - maybe a little too nice. :wink:

Take it easy out there. A tip: Never trust other drivers or their indicators! All they want to do is put some scratches/cracks/dents onto you and/or your bike. :evil:

Other than that, enjoy your ride! :grin:
  9. Thanks for your well wishes guys, I picked the bike up last night with Mrs Hopper following close and protecting my arse , dunno who was more nervous me of her :eek:hno: Riding up Sayers Rd toward home I caught a couple of gusts of wind and realised how easy it is to be blown around.

Went for a spin around Hoppers and down to Point Cook and back and basically went through these stages... :eek:hno: :shock: :eek: :) :grin: :LOL: :biker:

Went a little wide on one corner, but it was a good learning curve and reminder to respect the bike and be mindful of my own almost non-existant abilities.

Will be out practicing again tonight.
  10. Simon, sweet bike, hope you enjoy, stay safe.
  11. I'm down the road if you ever want to go for a cruse around the area... just not this weekend, work :(
  12. No problem Roscoe...always up for a ride with local NR's, maybe weekend after next.
  13. Vic, unfortunately I can't make it Sunday, family committments, I am planning to ride down to Willy coffee on Monday nite to meet some NR's. Thanks for the invite though. :)