Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picking up my 1st bike tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by cam77, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Finally..

I am picking up my 1st bike tomorrow - a 1989 Spada, $3500, 26,000km. I have been planning this point in time for about 16 years, and seriously planning for about 6 months.

The wife won't be happy, but I am sure she will come around when she doesn't have to drive me to work on a Saturday morning with a hangover!

Thanks everyone for your advice on helmets, jackets, boots, bikes, etc.

See you on the road.
  2. hey congrats on the bike and dont worry bout the wife to much they all hate loosing there husband to the new bike :):)
  3. Best of luck with everything :D Stay upright...
  4. Woo-hoo, congratulations; all your expectations are about to be exceeded. Enjoy the day, take lots of pics and try and capture the sensations. It's a feeling you should never forget... :grin:

and, now you can change your profile :LOL:
  5. mmmmmmmmm new bike feeling, great bike and welcome to the team. :grin:
  6. good onya Cam. Ride it like everyone is out to specifically kill you. Enjoy !
  7. Grats Mate
    Keep the Shiny side up
  8. I have to say updating my profile was just a very exciting thing to do :grin: :grin: :grin:
  9. -----------------------------------------------------------
    shabby wrote
    dont worry bout the wife to much they all hate loosing there husband to the new bike

incorrect (lol) my man has lost me to road riding he likes Trailies (yick)
  10. Congrats!! Enjoy and stay safe.
  11. Congrats, see you on a ride soon ;)
  12. Yippie, another one on the road! \:D/