Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picking up first bike tonight!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by rob53, May 23, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I am picking up my first bike tonight after work. It's an 83' honda vt250f, with very low km's for it's age. Been sitting in a garage for over 20 years, so it looks almost new! All fluids and etc have been changed around a year ago. I'm super excited as it's been a long wait. :grin: :LOL: Will post some pics later on.

2. Rob,

That's good news - you're going to enjoy that - it's a nice bike. Get the pics up soon, or everybody will think you're fantasising.

:p

3. Been a while since i seen them red seats flying around :) Enjoy

4. Well here are some pics of my new bike. I'm pretty happy about it, only things which need some work are the rear indicators (currently being held with duct tape) and a leaky front left fork seal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

Only annoying thing is waiting for it to warm up. It takes a while and I live in a flat, so I don't think my neighbors appreciate the loud noise. But oh well :p

5. Nice bike mate.
    The quickest way to warm up an engine is to use it.
    Start it, chuck your gear on and providing its not stalling, ride the bloody thing.