Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picked up my new Buell 1125cr

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by wrxbox, Mar 30, 2009.

1. I needed a bike I can use now as my work is relocating and it's not easy to get to by public transport. It'll be a 80km trip each way.
    This also means I can take my time with the Honda cx500 Cafe rebuild :)

I was pleased to read in the service manual that service intervals are every 10,000kms (first service 1000km, standard on most bikes), even though a couple dealers told me it was every 6,000kms. Dealers just don’t seem to know their own bikes, one didn’t even know the 1125r is also available in white.

It's so nice to ride and so smooth. I'll try my best to do a review once I get a few K's up.

2. smooth??? i always thought they where rattle boxes that keep going and going and going and run very hot, good looking bikes though
  3. A Sporty Porky :cool: :LOL:
  4. I'd still change the oil more often than 10 000kms though.
  5. Maybe oil every 5 and a service every 10.

But congrats, looks great and very cool. Something out of the ordinary is always good.
  6. The 1125 has a Liquid cooled Rotax engine.
  7. Nice bike, enjoy! Keep us updated on the CX project too.
  8. Smooth is definitely not a word I would use to describe a Buell...

When you pull up to the lights and you can't see the cars behind you in your mirrors, that's usually a sign things are far from smooth.
  9. Nice work mate, i was looking at one of these in the shop a few weekends ago.

Keep me up to date with how it holds together being beaten everyday. You and i do similar high mileage (you are slightly higher than me) and i'm keen to hear the experiences from others. Especially from non-Jap bike owners.

I've already got 1,500km on the S4R and it's been 1 1/2 weeks LOL :cool:
  10. Congratulations thats a nice looking bike, enjoy
  11. .. and a new record for the shortest time between buying a new bike and changing an avatar :LOL:.
  12. i sat on one of these at moto gp 2 years ago. i thought it felt very strong and comfortable.

i would really love to hear what it rides like.
  13. I have had a bit to do with these, as a racebike.

Keep a careful eye on your oil level, as they don't hold much, and will use it at high revs.

Beware of the oil filler cap/dipstick. It is made of soft plastic, and is easy to cross thread, which results in an oil spray.

Aside from that, they are a very good motorcycle.

oops, I forgot, changing front brake pads is a biatch. It's wheel out to do it.
  14. Congrats.

Hearing a worked CR buzz past on the straight at oran park was serious ear ****. Few bikes have as much presence as that one with pipes.
  15. Keep an eye on the alloy steering head. Mate of mine had one and the head cracked through, don't know if a common fault or just unlucky. He was fairly lucky as only doing 60-65k and touched front brake and front wheel collapsed onto exhaust which jammed back wheel, highsided and split knee open, was ATGATT but got golden staph infection at hospital. Could of happened at PI going flat out on the straight 2 weeks before.
  16. great looking bike, I love buells
    Have fun with it and ignore th nay sayers

17. Thanks for the comments. I’ll keep an eye out for the possible faults mentioned.

I rode 180kms yesterday and very happy, can’t wait until it’s run in. It sure gets some looks and everyone asks about it.

When I say smooth the only other bikes I have ridden/owned are: RZ500, RZ250, RG250, Mito 125, VN250 and CX500. So this bike is very new to me
  18. I will be watching this thread with enthusiasm....

With regards to "smooth".... amazing how people rate smooth - particularly those that may not have actually ridden one more than around the block.

You enjoy the bike and please keep us genuine riders interested. :grin:
  19. Very nice - I've got an '04 XB12S myself, I love it...always catch people starting at it, heaps of people coming up and asking what it is, how it goes etc...it's a big attention grabber, and it sounds thunderous when you open the throttle :)
  20. They look like a buttload of fun, I'm hanging out to ride one. Rotax make great engines, and Erik Buell really knows how to make things handle. I hope they go racing on the world stage, and do well.