Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Picked up my first supersports - Fireblade 929

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Alistair, May 25, 2015.

1. Picked up my second bike last weekend. A Fireblade 929 for $5350 with 19,000km's on the clock.

Had my first good ride yesterday around the Yarra Valley and I must say this is an amazing machine! The acceleration is incredible and it corners so well. I always struggled to corner my last bike well (GS500) but this thing just tips into the corners.

I was really concerned that it was going to be uncomfortable, but honestly the position is really not that bad at all, my legs and knees are in the same position as my GS and I the forward position of the bars are quite comfortable. Just due to the amount of spare time I have I usually only ride an hour or 2 at a time so it suits me very well.

I just want to get back on and ride some more!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. That bike sounds pretty awesome Alistair - any photos? About a decade ago I remember watching someone rapidly flick a Fireblade around a roundabout here and thinking, 'I really need to buy a bike...' and it only took me the best part of that decade to get around to doing just that. The Yarra Valley too - what a place to take it out for a first spin.
  3. The Yarra Valley is the bomb!!!!!

I may be biased living just around the corner.

Great job those things turn on a dime and are so useable!

I remember riding one for the first time on a racetrack
  4. Oooh baby. I'm usually naked biased but I love me a fireblade. How can you not like a bike that sounds like something from an exotic Chinese Kung fu film
  5. Congratulations!! PICTURES PLEASE :) :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. (y)(y)Nice Choice and a good price too. The Yarra Valley is a great place to ride, and just like jonnymac I am spoilt living in the area. Have fun on the new stead Alistair:)
  7. The 929/954 will be my next bike I rekon. I love them, good choice in bikes!
  8. Congrats! Pics are definitely mandatory
  9. The ducks guts, good on you.
  10. Yarra Valley you say!?! Mmmmmmchocolate...

Congrats on the new bike!
  11. Yep that chocolaterie is pretty awesome
  12. Yeah only about 15 mins to the yarra valley from my place...only problem is it gets cold!

Here's a quick photo. I've taken the ventura rack off since then.

Also bought some heated elements to create some heated grips, only $12 plus a few switches from Jaycar.

• Like Like x 4