Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Piaggio Fly scooter - Armadale

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by loosewheeler, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Hi
    I've had a Piaggio Fly scooter stolen from inside my driveway last night - Tues 30 Sept - from Armadale, Vic. Details:
    Piaggio Fly
    Approx 6000 kms
    Black top box
    Flat battery!
    REG: VIC 1L1QL

It was taken after 7pm last night and before 7 am this moring. There have been a lot of tradespeople in the area with building work lately, including rubbish removalists who were at my house 4 weeks ago plus pick ups for hard rubbish from the council. Am not assuming but the bike was behind high fence/gates, there was a sensor light on at the front and the steering was locked. With a flat battery as well would only have been possible to carrying it out and load up. Someone knew clearly too that I wasn't at home at the time so would have had an eye on the place. There's a lot more of material value in surrounding houses and the area than my 7 year old scooter too!!!

Been reported to Malvern Police Station. I hope this forum might help to circulate info as I can only assume someone is interested to resell.. not the most powered up thing to take joy riding!!

Thanks - appreciate any assistance.

2. Grab the insurance and buy a motor cycle :)
  3. that sux mate all the best on getting it back
  4. Sorry to hear about it. You should chain bikes up to something solid when parked.

300+kg bikes usually solve the problem of people picking them up and putting them in a van.
  5. why would someone chose to steal something like this lol! whats the steal value in it!
  6. #6 Mr Flibble, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Well the OP obviously cares enough to ask the question.

Perhaps it was taken for parts?