Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PI Track day - the next generation

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Bangr, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Howdy All

Well the day for another track day comes closer, heading down tue am for a wed track day. The usual stuff for me , to much gear , to much time spent on the bike , nervous already . Bike is ready , all the tools ect packed , just have to get the gear ready in the morning and load the Duke up in the van.

trailer is ready to go (this is were the next generation comes in) This time I am honored to be joined by the up and comers . Little Ed and Goosh are coming with me for there first day , we are also joined by a few others some of you would know (Phil) and a few from that group . Looking foward to some track time with them boys and learning a few things of them (if i can keep up).

We are going all out , Vans , trailers , rent a crowd (yes that rights we are taking our own spectators). Will have to keep the key out of the ignition as I am sure a few of them would be very tempted to steel a bike and do a few laps.

I am looking foward to many a (did you see) and (oh my fcuking god) comments (they will all be from me ).

I think that the guys are taking there 250's down there is a credit to them , I will be so jelous of them wed , the buzz you get on your first outing on the track can never be replaced , and I wish tem all the best of luck and fun.

On a more serious note , getting more and more comfotable on the Duke and intend on trying to push things along a llittle this outing , some of you would be aware how comfotable I am on the bike and I am hoping this will help me at the island, haver never been so intouch with a bike I have owned and think we will both have a ball on wed , or will at least give it a huge go. second time out on the Dunlop Qualifiers and hope this will help my confidence . Not expecting a huge improvment , but would hope to be going as quick if a little quicker and doing it easier.

Good weather forcast (thanks VTR for the sacrafice again) , but will take down a box of silk white virgin goats with me just incase , it is PI.

I am looking foward to a great day , a day of laughter and fun as we always have , and most of all coming home with everything in one piece.
    I think the youngens will have a ball and I am trully honoured to be with them on there first of many track days.