Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PI Track Day - 19th March

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Nucleotide, Mar 21, 2012.

1. After what seemed like a good 2-3 years wait (booked in a couple of months ago) I finally did my first track day at Phillip Island on the 19th... and LOVED IT! :D

One huge learning experience, and just an overall great experience full stop. Already looking at booking in again some time soon but with a couple more people.

The first couple of sessions were a little daunting. Half way through the day (2-3 sessions in) everything started becoming a lot more relaxed, controlled and comfortable though.

By the end of the day, although I wasn't the fastest person out there, I did manage to overtake a few people which is a great feeling, and everything just started to flow really nicely.

The only problem... the day went way too quickly!

Just in case they're reading this, there was a guy called Aaron riding a Ducati 1098 sharing a garage with us. PM me. I've got one or two photos I can send you if you like. They aren't great but a bit of memorabilia none the less. Hopefully you made it home ok.
  2. Hey Nuc,

Well done.=D>
    I'm sure you will do more. It's a amazing buzz and quite addictive.