Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PI MotoGP troubles

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by boz, Apr 22, 2005.

1. From: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15047857%5E2862,00.html

2. Bring on the Moto GP at Mt Panorama, Bathurst!!!! :D

Donations and tenders now being accepted...
  3. It'd be a wild trip for them through the dipper and conrod would end up being the longest straight in the whole season wouldn't it?
  4. Sounds just like the Bracks govt to blame some funding issues on the Federal government. I'd say that they'll whinge for a while and then cough up after much hand wringing abd make a big song and dance about how they make sacrifices for the best interest of the state blah blah blah.

We as tax-payers keep the stupid F1 afloat, so why not the MotoGP? It would be cheaper to host and for my own personal entertainment, much much better.
  5. How long before they move the F1 to Phillip Island?
  6. F1 won't race there. The track is really only suited for motorcycle racing. Local car racing there is pretty well a compromise, hence the reason why the V8s weren't there for the past coupla years.
  7. Will never happen.

Especially since the really, really bad sidecar fatal there at the last meeting they held up there.

The track is borderline safe for cars let alone bikes.
  8. Last meeting was three or four years ago, but I don't remember any fatals then?
  9. You may be right about the track (PI) being currently unsuitable for F!, but Fox didn't buy it for bike racing alone, and the plans for developing it further with 5star accom only have F1 in mind.
  10. the circuit is too fast for F1 cars, they would probably be doing lap times around 1:10 :shock:
  11. Was a 2+4 meeting (I think it was a 12 hour car meeting with bikes as some of the support classes?) and was several years ago.

Side car came unstuck at McPhillamy, rider or swinger hit by following outfit and disembowed in the process. Talking to several car marshals later that year at the 1000 it was one of the, if not the, worst they had seen.
  12. Actually it'd be just like the Federal Gov to back out on funding - Scoresby Feeway is a good example of that one. Besides, it follows the Liberals economic rationalist/minimalist government line: less taxes, less goverment intervention, let the consumer pay for what they want and need. If you can't afford it, tough.

That line of thought has already had a shot at education, with the number of full-feeing places skyrocketing. One wonders how long it will be before health cops the same - although it already has with the private insurance, hasn't it? :roll:

But it's what the majority wants, so who am I to argue? :p
  13. Roads, Highways and racetracks will very quickly fade into insignificance in the next 10 years as fuel supplies run out, why would the Govl. waste any more money on them?
  14. That'd be funny if I wasn't so concerned that you might actually be right.
  15. It Would Be sad to see the motoGP from the island, i spent the weekend down there getting drunk and watching people on the track day coming onto syberria all crossed up, i loved watching the Motogp down there and ive been a few times, its the best circuit in the series,

But theres always Eastern Creek, but you got to think about all the money already spent on the roads down to the island from melbourne, and everything else they have done,
  16. The World Supers is run by PIMS (or what ever they call the group that runs the track these days) so there is nothing to stop a private group from running the Moto GP without government funding through the GP Corp as it is now.

As for EC, does anyone remember any memorable races there? I don't.............