Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PI GP stand recommendations

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by The Snow Dog, May 23, 2005.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding seating at PI?

The Siberia South stand, on the exit of turn 6 looks quite good to me but I can't be sure from any of the maps I've found whether it has a reasonable view of the 'super screen'.

2. Either Siberia stand is great.

Rug up though, it ain't called Siberai for no reason.
  3. Yep, no problems seeing the superscreen from the first one (closer to the Siberia corner). Hmmm...why is it called Siberia again???

In all seriousness, it's one of the great vantage spots in the world. You only miss out on 2/3 of the straight, MG and turns 11 and 12...which you will see on the screen!
  4. One year, we parked our bums down near turn 1, where we could view a super screen plonked between Honda Corner and near pit lane exit. A bit of a wander to watch them cranking it over going into turn 1, or up a bit further to watch them fly by at over 300 klicks. You can also watch then power out of Southern Loop, the drag to Honda corner and out into and over Siberia towards Lukey.

One advantage is that it ain't as far to trudge to watch the presentations, and if you're parked on that side of the track, a bit quicker to get to your bike/car/bus.

It's a pity that the GP isn't like the Supers where you can ride your bike around the track. That's bloody handy, particularly if your mate is riding a posty bike with a large lockable container with all your stuff safely stowed...