Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Photographer on Mt Nebo

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Milpool, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I rode Mt Nebo this morning and in one corner there was a photographer taking pictures as people rode past. I'm not great on street names or anything around there but if you are heading towards Ashgrove they were not far past the post office on left hand side. Did anyone else notice them? They had a big banner up with their company name but I didn't catch it and I'd love to see if they put some of the photos up online or something. It's a bit of a long shot but if any forum member noticed could you please let me know?

2. Was it a black van with yellow sign writing ?
  3. Was it a dark blue Van with a camera in the back window?
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. It was! Sorry I should have been a bit more specific. Do you know the name?

Hahah. Thankfully not.
  5. I have had the same thing happen to me on September 4. I missed the name, thought iwas being gunned at first. I belive it might be Two Wheel Photography. You might find you pic here
  6. I seriously thought your post was about alerting others that there is a speed camera there and you were being very creative about doing so. I'm a little disappointed now that it was actually just someone taking photos.
  7. This seems to be common place a lot more, especially here in SE Qld. I have seen numerous people posting about the fact that they have photo's from a particular date and location. Especially on facebook. What is everyone's opinion on it ?? Any one know the legalities around it ?? Is it completely legal if a Police officer were to ask them what they were doing ?? Safe to say that I am not going to enter the photography business any time soon.
  8. He/she can ask what they are doing but at the end of the day, they aren't breaking any laws, unless taking a picture is against the law.

If that's the case, can I book the fat bastard who sits in the blue van with the little sign out the front and the camera mounted in the rear?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I don't have a problem with it at all myself, but there are quite a few people out there who are very precious about privacy and the like. Especially involving guys and girls on sports bikes on spirited rides and their number plates visible.

I would certainly be interested in how long it would take to garner a response from said 'fat bastard' if you started taking photos of that blue van from all different angles. My guess is that it wouldn't be very long at all !! ;)
  10. It's been going on for decades in NSW and VIC and I haven't heard of too many issues. Photos are normally taken from the front, so no I.D. The pic doesn't give an indication of speed, so what evidence could be used to convict someone?

I've seen people take pics of those blue cans actually. They don't like it but what can they do if they are in a public place. No law against taking pics of a vehicle.
  11. Having a look around the internet they are the only people I can find as well and it could very well be them. My photo isn't there though :(

Having said that though, my little GPX250 is hardly as impressive as the bikes they do have photos of :p
  12. Yeah I thought I remembered that banner and it turns out they were at Tambo when I went up. Guess I wasn't cool enough to make the gallery though :(
  13. If it was the corner on the left past Jollys Lookout it is Mat's Sic Pics. He's on Facebook and should have them available for download at no cost by tonight.
    • Winner Winner x 1

14. Thank you so much! That was him.