Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Phillip Island Ride Day Good Friday 14 April

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Removed_User_6, Mar 21, 2006.

1. PI rideday (good)friday 14th april.

Any Netriders going to this rideday???

2. i would love to but im working night shifts so really no go for me
    :cry: :cry:

3. This will be my first time doing a track day (at any track).
    I will be using a race bike provided by them....a Triumph Daytona 600 and all the safety gear provided.

My cool girlfriend bought me this as a gift for Christmas....bless her!

What I would like to know is how did people find it on there first experience on a foreign bike?

Any tips to prepare for the day?

The conditions that day is showers and a low 15 degrees, although I might need a current update.
    For this reason, I have grown a beard to keep me warm (which is annoying the hell out of my girlfriend....she is calling me feral)
    I plan to wear a thermal tee shirt because I have not worn full leathers before and I imagine they do not provide much insulation.

I spoke with JGM on the FJR1300 who tells me I will have a blast.
    Keen to hear other peoples experiences.

Oh, by the way, I have searched the archives and read about lap times etc before posting this thread (not as new as newbie suggests)

Cheers

4. I will see you there!

I am a Phillip Island Track Virgin!
    Exciting.....

5. hey Fonda, Great to see a newby at the track.. No prizes for guessing what group your booked into. Are you going alone?? Come and say hi if ya wanna. I'll be there in a group of about 11.

6. Oh yeah, you guessed right, I am booked into the first group!
    And to think that newbies are slotted into the first group at 9am when the track is probably still wet (cause the sun aint up yet!)

My girlfriend Dot will be there with me.
    She rides a Fireblade 250RR.
    However the bikes are at home - we rented a car - would be cool if I could take that on the track too!

I will say hi?
    How will I find you?

Rion

7. Oh yeah, you guessed right, I am booked into the first group!
    And to think that newbies are slotted into the first group at 9am when the track is probably still wet (cause the sun aint up yet!)

My girlfriend Dot will be there with me.
    She rides a Fireblade 250RR.
    However the bikes are at home - we rented a car - would be cool if I could take that on the track too!

I will say hi?
    How will I find you?

Rion

8. I'll be on a black/silver GSXR track bike, ohlins sticker under the tail. In the 2nd group. Blue Alpinestar suit (unless its psising down) Brownish 4runner toyota...

Are you using one of the triumph 600's??

9. Thanks for the link Pvda.
    Great reading

10. query on track days!?>?!

hey... I am just curious.. if your using their bikes.. how much do you haveto pay excess if you trash one of them?..and how much is a track day for a newbie like me?

11. Re: query on track days!?>?!

Are you using one of the triumph 600's??[/quote]
    hey... I am just curious.. if your using their bikes.. how much do you haveto pay excess if you trash one of them?..and how much is a track day for a newbie like me?[/quote]

I am using the Triumph Daytona 600.

$299 For Bike hire and Full Safety gear provided.....eg Helmet, Leathers etc and obviously track use for the day.
    However, I think she got a special offer....
    Not sure how much it is for a Track day with your own bike.

Rule 1 - Don't trash the bike - it aint an option!
    Rule 2 - Read rule 1

The excess is scary - I think its $3000 or so.
    Plus there is an excess or an amount to pay if you damage the safety gear provided.

12. http://www.phillipislandridedays.com.au/content/view/11/12/

i.e. would want to have a credit card with at least $4000 spare on it for pre-authoisation purposes.

13. You need a job as a weather man.

The sun is up and blaring at 7am. The breeze that swirls around the circuit will dry it in no time. Assuming your forecast is correct.

14. Rion[/quote]

You need a job as a weather man.

The sun is up and blaring at 7am. The breeze that swirls around the circuit will dry it in no time. Assuming your forecast is correct.[/quote]

Fantastic....that increases my confidence.
    I can ride on wet roads and during rain but caning a bike around the circuit is another story.

Do you have a job for me as a Weather man?
    I would like Grant Denyers job from Channel 7 Sunrise show.
    He gets to go all around Australia with Sunrise in his Motorhome Campervan.
    AND has met Pamela Anderson and most recently in Dancing with the Stars - Jennifer Hawkins......GO you GOOD Thing you!
    Who would have thought - a weather mans job could be so good?

15. They require $2500 to be pre-authorised on your card in case you bin it. I'm hiring one out also.

I can't make tomorrow guys-i'm booked on though on Monday 17th if anyone wants to stick around for the weekend.

16. Uh, $3500. Check the link I posted 4 posts above.

17. many from the site r headin to winton

18. Uh, $3500. Check the link I posted 4 posts above.[/quote]

Oh great, the girl i booked it with told me the wrong amount. I've only arranged for $2500 to be in the account.

Going to have to call the office....

19. No reply.

If i can't do monday, i'll throw a hissyfit :evil: