Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Phatt Bike

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Rabbito, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Seen today in the carpark over the road from my place. One of 6 in Australia. Notice the sneaky nitrous bottle activated by the high beam switch..is if you need more grunt when you have a V8 between ya legs.If you look close at the instrument cluster you notice a shift indicator..and notice that there is no clutch lever..she's auto,with a reverse gear..yup you would need that.
    Talking to the owner,he says that she lopes along at 100 kp/h at a lazy 1000 rpm.
    Not my cup of tea,but she sure is a conversation starter.

2. That would possibly be one of the most awkward seating positions designed.

I'd hope it would be able to sit on 100 at 1k rpm, a commodore can do it at roughly 1.5k rpm.

I hope it has brakes to match.
  3. I hope the owner has some extremely heat proof boots..

Doesn't look like theres much protection from the exhaust headers

Would love to hear what it sounds like though, last time I was lookin up v8 bikes was all the old moto guzzi racing bikes and the like. None of which sounded anything like a typical V8.
  4. I was there (Grey jacket with a gimp limp from arthroscope operation) for the 'Let's Go Cruisin'' meet, they're there every first Tuesday of the month.

Great turn out & usually pulls in a great crowd of bikes & cars once daylight savings kicks in & we all come out of our nests! :p

Didn't get a chance to hear it start up unfortunately but I think the 1k RPM is owed not just to A V8, but in fact, a 9L Big Block with 540hp!! Yup, silly Americans! :p