Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Petrol Costs

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by bass_player, Dec 21, 2005.

1. As I am on here every weekday I have noticed the motor mouth petrol watch thing. Why is it that QLD's petrol prices are nearly always under $1 per litre and ADL's petrol is nearly always the most expensive?

Also how are petrol companies able to dramatically increase petrol prices the second oil prices rise yet when oil prices drop, as has happened over the last couple of days, there is barely any change in the price at all (at least here in Adelaide)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. yeah it sucks - my brother in law lives in QLD & he rang us last night - he was complaining about petrol prices until we told him how much is is here.!!

3. Queensland some years ago abolished some of the excises which other states have retained. It made the Government look good at the time, but I've no doubt they're making it up in other areas by now :LOL:

4. I have been trying to find the current petrol prices in Darwin, but none of the motor mouth type web sites cover the NT.

any one got any idea?

5. You could ask the 'locals' :LOL:

Just kidding :roll:

6. well yeah bass-player I am planning on heading up there in a few months time (with bike in caravan) but was curious about costs beforehand to help with budgeting.

7. The distribution of GST-derived revenue sees some $5 billion collected in NSW and Victoria being handed over to Queensland.

Queensland can afford cheap petrol and cheap rego because other states are forced to subsidise it.