Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Petrol and Oil

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by crysix, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Um, I'm still a noob, but a few days ago, Ive bought one of those Castrol oil for 4 strokes. I filled my tank with the whole 1 litre of the oil and Ive got at least 10 liters of petrol in my tank. Now, my engine doesn't want to start properly, well it goes on for 5 seconds or less and gas comes out of my muffler.

What's the best way to solve this problem? Do i have to drain the tank or something?

2. its a Hyosung Gt250R btw
  3. You put 4 stroke oil in your PETROL tank?
  4. Wait, you put 4-stroke oil in the fuel tank? :shock:
  5. yea i did
    I know im such a moron for doing that
  6. Read the manual. That's what it's for. If you don't one have get one.

Drain it & start again.
  7. Take your bike to a mechanic mate, then maybe get out your users manual and look at that, then probably go do a course that show's you what goes where and how to do it
  8. wow you really did that?
    so many thoughts spring to mind. it's a very simple fix, but i beg you, sell the bike and find another hobby coz you won't last long if you continue
  9. haha mate, everyone does a stupid mistake once in their life time
  10. My wife is a nurse and knows nothing about bikes but even she said "what the F*** are you doing putting oil in the fuel tank"...some people just shouldn't be let loose on anything mechanical!
  11. If he's genuine, give him a break for Dogs sake, we all make mistakes even you guys.

Drain the tank, refill it (with PETROL) pull the plugs out and replace em, and if the dogs are smiling on you you may get it running again, probably blow smoke like an old 2 stroke for while, if that don't work, it may be time to put hand in pocket and pay a mechanic.

good luck with it.
  12. yea, i just spended one and half grand fixing the bike up from my previous accident and ive been stripping the bike and putting the all the parts on lately, so Im comfortable with handling the bike and dont think that i need a mechanic to fix my problem up. Anyhow, yea ill drain the tank and clean up the plugs.

thanks guys
  13. ...

I smell rat....
  14. what? you JUST spent $1500 fixing your last brainfart?

oh dear......
  15. Its a thing of this time,Dads and kids dont spend time fix stuff.I gave an old dirtbike to a couple of mates,both in there 30s,I get a call there is no spark.They had the plug conected and swinging in the breaze as they kicked it,if you dont know,you dont know
  16. I had an accident, that led me having bended forks + triple clamps and frame
  17. too true. our society these days is bred to accept the disposable plastic mechanics that have become so popular because they're so cheap (which are cheap because they're disposable.....)

fair enough, everyone does make mistakes. you've had 2 in a very short period.
    please get your head screwed on before you get back on the road. i for one don't want to be tarred by the brush that paints you.

now, as someone in here said already, it really is a case of draining the fuel and replacing the plugs. it'll run like a bucket of crap for a few minutes (maybe a few hours) but it'll come good again
  18. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funny stuff.