Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pete The Freak is back on the road!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pete the freak, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Good news everybody, after three months of sitting on my arse wishing I still had a bike, I finally went and got me a bike.

It's a 1985 Yamaha SRX-250, single cylinder, 4 stroke. The best bit, it's painted with the classic Kawasaki Green :eek: . Apparently the guy who sold it to me was respraying his ZX9R and thought he might as well do the little SRX at the same time!! :LOL: :LOL:

I decided on the SRX for a number of reasons, but the main one was the price. Only $1400 with 6 months rego. Not bad eh?

Can I recommend to everyone that doing internet banking transfers when buying bikes is very cool 8) . No need to carry cash, no coming back with a bank cheque, just a quick "Do you mind if I use your internet connection? I'll transfer the money straight into your account..." Smooth as a slick!

Oh, her name is Jen (Plate is JEN-02), and here she is:

Hope to see you all on the black stuff real soon... :D
  2. that is a NICE bike pete :D

i love it.

3. Pete, great to see you back on the road, and that is a cool little bike! CONGRATS, now go out and get riding again!
  4. very tidy looking bike, now you can enjoy the pleasure of riding again
  5. YAY! *claps hands and does happy dance*
  6. Cool bike.

Glad to hear you're back on the road.
  7. I love my little yamaha sr250. These bikes are pure simplicity. Hope you enjoy it. 8)
  8. Nice looking bike there, real nice paintwork too :D Enjoy :)
  9. Don't let ya dad ride it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks good. Enjoy it. :D
  10. Nice looking SRX, my first bike was a 1984 red SRX 250, couldn't do 80 up a hill, but it didnt look as in good condition and yours :D
  11. Congrats Pete...I know you have a grin from ear to ear :D
    What about your previous mantra of 'got any blacker'???
    Softening up are we? :LOL: