Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pet Carriers?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by wezzatee, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Hey all! How are we going?

Spring is finally here, and I've decided it's time I take my pooch out for rides with daddy. Was wondering if anyone has a tank pet carrier bag they can recommend? I ride a Ninja 300 and am not sure if this activity is possible as I have only seen people bring their dogs on tourers/cruisers.

Any info will be much appreciated! :)

2. Law changes a couple of years back prohibit carrying animals in front of you so any carrier would need to be on the pillion position behind you. What size dog is it?

You must not ride a motorcycle with:
    • more than one pillion passenger
    • more passengers in a sidecar than it is designed to carry
    • an animal between you and the handlebars (except for working farmers who can ride with the animal for up to 500 metres)
    • a child under 8 years old unless they are in a sidecar.

3. I saw something like this so decided to make my own for our little Scottie. There's an eye-bolt inside the case that goes all the way through to the base plate so there is no chance of the top-box coming off. He wears a full neck and body harness that just has enough length to the eye-bolt so he can sit up but not get any further out.

img_6914.

And then for the big fella...

img_7010.

• Like Like x 1
  4. At first I thought this was what you where after;

cat-carrier.

My mistake! :bag:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. like barry_mckibarry_mcki has suggested, I seen this when out and about one day and thought what a classic. Asked him about the legalities of it and he said no problems even had cops pull him over asking to take pictures.
    dog.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Been there....even had hair then.......;-(

b1_83.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So so sorry for the late reply guys! Been busy with work! Ah okay didn't know that law existed. He's a Pekingese so very small! Thanks for the info tho! Will look into installing a rear top box!

8. Damn, all these restrictions, my old dog would turn in his grave if he knew the crap a dog had to go through to ride these days.
    Bike-L.

News-L.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2