Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Perths popular bike roads

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by malenko, May 31, 2008.

1. I have been reading alot about this black spur section of road over east and I was just wondering if Perth has any sweet spots to take bikes for some twisty action?

Although I have lived here all my life it has been spent some what exclusively to the north western suburbs like Balcatta Mirrabooka etc and don't really know many places for some good bike riding.

So do any Perthies wish to reveal their favorite roads to ride on.
  2. Hi Malenko, you will have the advantage of me being here all your life, however I hear O'brien Rd in the Upper Swan is very popular. The road received an 80Km/h speed limit recently after complaints by residents and police, however the limit is honoured more in the breach than in the observance. Check out Alert Motorcycles: they do an Advanced Ride Day every month or so and they use the road in their training.
  3. If we have only a short time to spare on the weekend, we ride up to Lesmurdie to Mundaring Weir Rd and ride on through to come out at Gt Eastern Hwy. If we've got a bit more time we go out to Byford, turn left at Nettleton Road and follow this through to Jarrahdale and turn left (the pub here does a very adequate lunch too!) then turn right at Kingsbury Rd - this takes you through to Serpentine Dam, out past the Buddhist Monastery and back to Sth West Hwy. I find this very refreshing and would definitely recommend it. Of course, nothing beats having the opportunity to pack the tent and head down south to a free-camping spot far from the madding crowd!