Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Perth Road Safety Conference looks at speed detection technology in all vehicles - news article

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robsalvv, Nov 8, 2011.

1. http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/11469695/new-speed-detectors-could-cut-toll/

FYI folks.

2. This is going to be interesting from a PTW point of view. "Audible" is a variable factor for riders, and the means by which it could safely be made audible (or visible) is a matter for debate.

The long-term tracking and reporting issue is the one that is of greatest concern.
  3. "beep"
    what? where's that noise coming from? oh, it's over there. that's odd. hey a little symbol's come up. cool.
    sorry mate I didn't see you.....
  4. Yeah I can just see the future now...
    ISA devices linked directly to your nominated bank account so fines will taken instantly every time you drift 3kph over the limit...
    Safety fine or is it a speed tax...
  5. Remember the Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis?

He's driving a futuristic flying taxi and goes over the speed limit. A ticket spits out a device in the cab and tells him the fine has been deducted from his bank account.

I wonder how long before that's reality?
  6. Thanks, now I remember where I've heard of it before...