Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Perth Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Shady Ed, Mar 29, 2013.

1. So as I'm sure you have figured out I'm new around here. I don't ride yet but have been lurking around here for a while, I'm planning on going to for L's when I can get some time off of work and hope to have a bike before the end of the year.
    I've wanted to ride ever since I first saw an R1 when I was 11 and that is still my dream bike.

Anyone else from WA?

Edit: Oh and can anyone tell me why I can't add a signature? It is really annoying me saying that my profile is only 75% complete.

2. Welcome Shady Ed, There are a few WA denizens around on the forum so I am sure you will catch up with some. Not sure about the sig but many functions don't open up until your post count gets above 5 and you have made an intro thread. Try again after a few posts.

3. Oh ok. I was thinking it would have something to do with a post count. Thanks dude.

4. Welcome from a former Perthite now living in Melbourne! Unfortunately this is a pretty eastern states centric forum, but there are still a few here on the west coast.

5. I'm originally from the Central Coast but moved over here with my family because my wifes family lives here. Only live here 2.5 years.

6. Hi Ed. I'm from Geraldton, and I'm sure you'll meet @PatB and a few others from Perth. Good to have you on board. Note that a lot of the learners type info on here is state specific. Good luck with the L's, the written test is easy. It's getting someone to ride with you that is hard.

7. Welcome , Westie :)

8. Yeah I have no doubt I'll pass my L's but I have no one at all to ride with. Hopefully that will change though.