Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Perth n00b popping his Netrider posting cherry!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Whipster, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Thought it was high time that I introduced myself and said g'day from WA. Been lurking here a long time and feel like I already know a lot of you (personality-wise that is!). Got myself a Kawasaki VN250 a couple of months ago now, using a lot of advice re: bike and gear choice that I got from this forum, and I couldn't have done it without the great information from you guys. Fantastic bike, incidentally, and recommend it wholeheartedly to learners. Have commuted for a couple of thousand ks so far, having a blast and no 'incidents' yet, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open all the same. Anyway well done to everyone making this forum such a great place for newcomers and experienced riders alike!

Cheers,

Mike.

2. Good to hear your 'voice' Mike; Netrider's a pretty neat place, eh?

3. welcome aboard buddy and keep those ears and eyes peeled. happy riding and posting. cheers, carri x

4. Welcome to the forum Whipster

Def9nately keeps them eyes ears and spidy senses fully tuned

5. I knew even as I was writing this that I was asking for trouble, but I said it anyway:

Well, clipped my first mirror yesterday when filtering to the front at a red light. I know, if this is the worst thing that's happened to me so far then I've gotten off pretty lightly, but still I feel like a bit of a twat :oops:

Saw the gap coming up and thought "gee that looks a bit tight" but went for it anyway, coz every time I've thought that in the past I've had miles to spare, figured same thing would happen. Nup. Clipped the passenger wing mirror of a Falcon ute with the tip of my brake lever as I went past. Stopped and rolled back to have a look, no damage but still scared the crap out of me :shock: . After the guy swore a bit and I apologised profusely he was pretty cool and sent me on my way. Was wondering what other people would do/have done in this situation? Just keep going or stop? I don't think I have it in me to look the guy in the eye and bolt, even if no damage.

Anyways, now I know what a too small gap looks like :idea:

6. Welcome to NR.. :grin:

7. owzitgarn

8. Better now that I'm home - another shocking rush hour on the roads. Funny how something must just be in the air some days, and every man and his dog decides at the same time that they're going to drive like an a$$hole

9. Welcome to NR Mike

10. Hi Mike

I'm Mick :cheeky:

Welcome aboard bud.

I've never stopped & apologised. Only because the few times its happened
    was going to fast to stop & do that.

No longer get that problem anyways because I've removed the :censored: things. :p

Only part of the bike that could hit a mirror now is the bars & if that happens
    you get the pleasure of kissing the road. :)