Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Perth L plater looking for rider for tuition

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Shniva, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Hey, I was wondering if any riders in the freo area would be intrested in teaching me more about riding a motorcycle?

I have had some experience on a bike (off road and on) but i'm still a noob when it comes to riding lol. I am on my Ls at the moment and have my test booked on the 19th of feb (so far away!) So I want to get a much practise as I can before then.

If your intrested pm me and we can discuss futher details.
    (cost, location etc.)

Cheers, Aaron

2. Not sure why no-one else has replied to this.......

but I would seriously recommend a few lessons with a professional instructor before taking your test - find one in the phone book, or ask around at your local bike shop or something for recommendations. they will be able to teach you what you need to know to pass your test and keep you safe. Professional lessons only cost $50 hour including use of their bike and helmet if needed.

Good luck with your test.

3. Yeah I got a instructor but sometimes it's kinda just too formal. I wanna just ride around with someone and have a good time and learn some things at the same time. I'm getting a lesson or two over the next few weeks.

4. Ahh - OK. Yep, i undertsand that. My husband rides, so I have been badgering him every weekend to take me out so that I can get some practice in. Just going with the instructor once a week doesn't give you a chance to get used to everything, does it?

Unfortunately this forum is a little bit quiet for WA riders - over east you would have had people jumping at the chance to take you out and show you a few things.... The other trouble here in WA is of course that because you can't ride on your own as a learner, you can't meet up for rides without somebody coming to collect you, and then it needs to be somebody with at least 4 years on their licence.

I hope you have some luck finding somebody.

5. Hi Aaron,

unfortunately i haven't had my license for the required 4yrs so i cant take you out for a ride. And i dont know of anyone around our way who has. But hopefully someone will be able to or will know someone.

Cheers

6. Yeah I got a couple of friends with motorcycle licences less than 4 years. Such a bummer about the laws over here. Oh well, thanks for the comments guys I appreciate it.

7. Same reason here, I havent had my licence long enough and I work in Freo.