Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Personalised Plates

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mizz ZZR, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Hey, does anyone know of any method of finding out what's taken and what's available as far as personalised plates go?

I'm tryin to avoid having to call Pricktoads...

I was hoping there'd be some kinda webiste somewhere, where you could look them up :)

2. There use to be a website that you could check it out but it doesnt seem to be around anymore. I had to call up vicroads to find out what was available when i got mine.
  3. Bugger, orrite, thanks :)
  4. According to the VicRoads site, to find out if a plate's available you have to ring them on 13 1171.

Good luck...!
  5. I rang VIc roads just before xmas for my plate and was a simple process and ordered it over the phone and was delivered in 7 working days even before xmas.
    The chap who took my enquiry was very helpful and efficient to boot.
  6. What do they charge for a personalised bike plate?
  7. Hmmm. New tyres, or a "Gromit" plate?

Bit of a no-brainer, really. Guess I'll have to be anonymous for a while longer.
  8. Me thinks you're playin with fire(y redhead)....

Good luck with that :p

While I'm here I may as well ask, what coloured flowers would you like on YOUR coffin? :p
  9. No matter what you ask for, they all spell W-A-N-K-E-R. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p
  10. Would you like tyre fly's with your order Sir?
    Or maybe you would like to upsize to fluffy dice.
  11. I think Marty would like PINK flowers :D :p
  12. "FULYSIK" plate, neons, flames paint job and super-sized milo tin exhaust......now that's what I call coooooool!

"Ehhhhyy" [/fonzie voice]

13. And as for you Jacob, I think you know what YOUR punishment will be :twisted:
  14. Icecream? A back rub? :p :LOL:
  15. Hey Mizz ZZR,
    just wondering,
    Why ya tryin to avoid callin em?

If you are fearful of poor service (ie; long hold times ..etc)
    you'll may be pleasently suprised when calling for plates.

I've called 'em a few times and they are always quick to answer and friendly.
    (Maybe cause callers are willing/happy to spend, and checking the database is a no-brainer)
  16. cool, just rung and enquired about a couple of plates (as i will soon have 2 bikes on the road)

SLGLY and

both availiable for 310 each yay :D :D 8)
  17. On a side note, and I hope no one takes offence at this,
    (although, almost certain that somebody on NetRider will)

Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on the following?

When my Custom Plate arrived,
    before putting it on the intended bike
    i taped it to my 250 to see what it'd look like,
    and it just looked really out-of-place.

Left me with the impression
    that two-fiddys and Custom Plates don't mix (look lame).

i imagine Personalised Plates on a 250 wouldn't look too bad.